3 Hammers Par 3 Junior Open Championship 2018
This year’s 3 Hammers Par 3 Junior Open Championship 2018 is now open to enter. It will take place on Sunday 23rd September 2018 from the 3 Hammers short course. The competition is open to all junior golfers between the ages of 6 – 18 years old. After the huge success of last year’s event we would like to go one better and establish this event as one of the leading children’s golf competitions in the Midlands.
As well as great prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category there are spot prizes on course for a Hole-in-One or nearest the pin.
There will be 5 different age categories for play, 6 – 8 years, 9 – 10 years, 11 – 12 years, 13 – 15 years and 16 – 18 years. Each category will have fantastic prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places from an 18 hole gross stroke play format. Entry and payment is £15 per child (£10 if a 3 Hammers season ticket holder). Payment can be made in person at Golf Reception by cash, card or cheque. (cheques made payable to 3 Hammers Golf Complex), or over the phone on 01902 790428. You can also post your entry form with a cheque to : 3 Hammers Golf Complex, Old Stafford Road, Coven, Wolverhampton. WV10 7PP. Only payment received will guarantee your entry to the competition. The rules of the competition are printed below. Deadline for all entries is Monday 10th September.
Application forms are available from 3 Hammers Golf Complex or you can print and fill out an application form here App form (1) to bring before Monday 10th September or post.
Competition Rules : Sunday September 23rd 2018
- In an effort to keep up speed of play there will be a maximum of 6 shots per hole for each player. If after 6 shots on a given hole a player has not yet got the ball in the cup – pick up and mark as 6 on the score card.
- Tee times will be drawn according to age and ability.
- Tee times will be emailed out prior to the competition.
- Player’s must sign in at the registration desk at least 30 minutes before their tee time.
- Player’s must have paid their entrance fee before playing.
- Player’s must play with allocated playing partners.
- Player’s must be on the 1st tee ten minutes before their allocated tee time.
- Practice on the golf course is not permitted on the day of the competition and will result in an immediate disqualification.
- Players’ must rake bunkers after use and repair any pitch marks.
- R&A Rules will apply – no preferred lies.
- Coaching or advice of any kind given by a parent/guardian/friend to any player during their round will result in the immediate disqualification of that player.
- Player’s MUST take charge of their own golf bag – no caddies allowed (except age 6-8 category where caddy assistance is permitted)
- Parents are NOT allowed to mark player’s cards (except 6-8 years category where assistance is permitted) Help with sums is permitted.
- Score cards must be correctly filled out and signed before handing it to the Registration Desk.
- The top 3 player’s in each category will win prizes.
- In the result of a tie – for each category their will be a sudden death play off on hole 18 immediately after closure of play.
- Gross count back will be used to determine remainder of the places.
- Winners in each age category must attend the prize presentation of forfeit their prize – approx’ 5pm.
- Dress code: T-shirt with collar, smart trousers/shorts/skirt and golf shoes.
- Maximum of 14 clubs in a player’s bag. A higher number will result in immediate disqualification.